Saturday, November 10, 2012

Kitopia!



November 4th through the 10th is National Animal Shelter and Rescue Appreciation Week!
It's a good time to stop by your local shelter and tell those folks what a wonderful job they are doing for our animal friends.

I thought this would be a good time to show you the cat rooms at our local Humane Society. Please forgive the quality of some of these photos. I was shooting through the glass so as not to disturb the kitties or their human visitors too much. This little guy caught me in the act.

There are two large rooms where the cats can play and relax. All of the murals were done by volunteers.

There are beds and perches everywhere. The kitties have lots of places to nap.

Do you see the squirrel in this photo?
There are large windows in both rooms which allows lots of sunshine to enter. Also if you look closely in this photo and the one above you will see a cat door in the window. These cats have an outside play room too. The outside area is huge! It is a covered area, completely fenced in and filled with platforms and tree limbs which are handy for climbing and sharpening those claws. The outside area was also constructed by volunteers.

Not a bad place to hang out while waiting for that special someone to come through the door and give a kitty a nice forever home.

For more visit Camera Critters and Bozo's Pet Pride.

31 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

aww, what a neat place! those kitties must be very happy.

i am so pleased looking through your photos...

great job!

have a wonderful weekend~

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a wonderful shelter for the kitties! I hope they all find new homes soon. Great post! Have a happy weekend!

Icy BC said...

Your photos are fantastic Judy! It shows a great place those kitties live in, better than the one we have here!

DJan said...

What a wonderful thing to have for those kitties! I am thrilled to know that such a place exists, Judy! :-)

Molly The Wally said...

What a lovely job they have done to make it a fun and welcoming place. The kitties look well at home. Have a super Saturday.
Best wishes Molly

Sandra said...

this is the best ever kitty home i have ever seen, ours here, three of them are nothing like this. we have Humane society, SPCA and Animal control. is this one private? it is amazing and makes me happy for them, they may never want to leave and to have an outside is fantastic. yes, i see the squirrel

Prancer Pie said...

That is pretty pawsome! Too bad every shelter can't have that kind of place for kittehz. Happy Caturday, furriends. xoxo

Madi and Mom said...

What a fine looking fun place for the sweet kitties to pass the time until they find their furever home
Hugs Madi

HOOTIN ANNI said...

You know I love cats, and I sincerely believe that everyone should have one to hold, love, and take care of it while it keeps you company and gives you companionship. Our two, they're both adopted from the Humane Society!

I must say, I truly adore their abode. They look so 'at home' and comfortable, and I PRAY THEY FIND human COMPANIONSHIP asap!!!

Great post.

Deb said...

What a purrrrrfect place to wait on a new home

Katnip Lounge said...

That's gotta be one of the nicest shelters we've seen, EVER.

chicamom85 said...

Those are lovely rooms where the kitties can wait for their furever home in style and comfort. I love knowing there are places like that.

Loveys Sasha

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

that looks similar to Kitty City that I had blogged about only I think with the added touch of the murals, yours is MUCH better!
Love the little bed/couch!

The Island Cats said...

Wow! What a great looking shelter!!

Chatty Crone said...

Awe they were so cute - if I went to this place I might come home with something! lOl sandie

SweetMarie said...

The kitties usually have a nicer place than the pups since they're so much smaller and tend to get along better. :) This shelter looks really nice! I really like that someone included a squirrel in the painting...so cute!!!

Gattina said...

The nicest cat shelter I have ever seen ! Wonderful !

magiceye said...

So beautiful!

Woof woof
from Bozo
Pets forever

CATachresis said...

Looks like a purrfect place to hang!

ladyfi said...

Oh how very sweet!

Misty DawnS said...

Oh wow! That is awesome! I'm thrilled to see they have such a great area!

Sylvia K said...

What a wonderful place!! So sweet indeed!!! I hope there are places like this for all us when they're needed!!!

Sam Schnauzer

Karen said...

What a great place to wait for your new family!t

Betsy Adams said...

That is one neat place, Judy... IF I were a cat, I'd want to live there FOREVER... That situation is much better for them I'm sure than some of the homes that they live in....

Love all of the murals --and all of the bright colors!!!! Awesome.
Hugs,
Betsy

Maggie Mae and Max said...

We hopes dat all dose sweet kittehs find furever homes soon.

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

Sharon Wagner said...

What a fun kitty zone. A new definition for cat house!

Dory and the Mama said...

What a wonderful facility!!! So pretty and well-maintained!!

Smileys!
Dory & Mama

Remington said...

That is awesome! Yep, I saw the squirrel!

The Japanese Redneck said...

Neat idea! When we repaint the cat room, I think I'll paint a mural.

Indrani Ghose said...

Total kitty atmosphere!
Love those paintings.

Judy SheldonWalker said...

It has a lot more to offer cats than what I give mine - but he does have me. lol